Darling Axe Academy
The enemy of art is the absence of limitations.
Writers often come up with their best material under constraint—whether that's working to a deadline or attempting a new form or style. Writing courses and workshops are an extremely effective tool for sparking creativity as they mix constraints with guidance, feedback, and support.
Darling Axe writing courses replicate the workshop-style curricula of many university MFA programs, but condensed into four weeks.
- Weekly workshops for every participant
- Weekly writing prompts
- Weekly resource and short-story discussions
- Small supportive groups for exchanging feedback
- Individual feedback from an industry professional
- A user-friendly Moodle site for workshop hosting and forums
- A tangible goal and final product (e.g. a novel outline)
Best-laid plans: a novel outlining workshop
September 30 to October 25
A sharp hook: starting a novel with teeth
January 6 to 31
Planet-scape: a worldbuilding workshop
**SOLD OUT – Stay tuned for the next offering**