The Forge: Coaching & Narrative Assessment
This fully customizable service is ideal for early-draft manuscripts, partials, stuck manuscripts, and novel outlines—and even would-be outlines. Your editor will support and guide you toward your next draft or revision.
What you need depends upon you and your work. This might include:
- a few rounds of focused and annotated line editing to help you strengthen the rhythm and flow of your prose
- a return to the outlining stage to check on arcs and overall structure
- consultations by phone or video chat to discuss and brainstorm
- a narrative assessment of a section or the entirety of your manuscript—this is a lower-cost alternative to developmental editing in which your editor provides a detailed critique to guide your next revision (but does not include the scene-by-scene annotations typical of a full dev edit)
Whatever you need, our editors are here to provide the advice needed to move forward with your project.
Are you ready to get started?
You may use the form below to contact us, or email email@example.com.
Please include the following information:
- What stage your project is at
- How much editing or workshopping your manuscript has received
- Your ideal project timeline
- A manuscript sample up to 1000 words
Thanks for visiting the Darling Axe! We look forward to hearing from you.