For the words!
Welcome to all 4thewords.com participants. Thanks for stopping by!
This post contains a brief summary of our services and resources.
Editing services for novelists:
- The Forge: Narrative Assessment
- The Foundry: Developmental Editing (our most popular service)
- The Workshop: Line Editing
- The Studio: Proofreading
- The Exhibit: Query Critique
- The Crow's Nest: Hook Assessment
The Chopping Blog – articles on the craft of writing, as well as our:
- Book Broker series: interviews with literary agents
- Success Story series: guest posts by published writers
Stay tuned for upcoming (2020) classes on novel outlining, worldbuilding, self-editing, developmental editing, and starting a novel with teeth.
- The First Page Challenge – a contest for novelists
- Hook us in a single, double-spaced page
- Contest open April to September 30
- An Axe to Grind – flash fiction contest
- Tell a story in 1000 words
- Contest open October to March 30
4thewords in an online writing platform that takes your writing into a game world. Use quests and monster battles to help increase your word count all while leveling up your character. All throughout October, you can unlock hidden items using special code words, found on some of your favorite writing resources (like this one). If you haven’t tried 4thewords before, use my code word to unlock a surprise and a free month of play time!
Your code word: spooky
To redeem your code, go to the dashboard section of your account and select Account Page.
Thanks for having a look at our services and writerly resources!